HYTORC - Proudly supporting the North East with industrial bolting solutions for over 30 years
HYTORC is the world’s largest and oldest manufacturer of industrial bolting systems. The international company is family-owned and operated, and has been in business since 1968 from their Global Head Quarters in Mahwah, NJ, USA.
For the past 30 years, HYTORC has proudly established its roots in the United Kingdom, initially located in Blyth, Northumberland, before then relocating into their current headquarters in Cramlington, Northumberland, back in 2012.
The Cramlington head office is supported by additional offices in Aberdeen and Great Yarmouth, providing an extensive network of support and experience throughout the UK. Their capabilities include:
- UK’s largest stock of controlled torque and tension tooling available for rental on short-term or long-term basis.
- User Safety & Familiarisation Training.
- In-House & On-Site Service, Repair and Calibration of hydraulic, pneumatic, electric, and manual controlled torque bolting systems or hydraulic bolt tensioning equipment.
- Free Application Surveys and Consultations.
- Bespoke Engineering Services.
Since 1968, HYTORC’s global mission statement has remained the same: “to optimise industrial bolting through innovative solutions and an unyielding commitment to customer satisfaction.”
With dedicated representatives in over 100 countries and a worldwide network of service and support, HYTORC delivers on its promise to advance industrial bolting. Through patented technologies and custom solutions, it strives to reduce injuries, increase productivity, and improve job quality.
By consistently improving upon existing products, and developing new tools, based on feedback from the people who use their tools every day. HYTORC’s latest product line features patented industry-firsts, like hands-free operation to keep tool operators at a safe distance from the application, onboard documentation systems to provide job accountability and assurance, and industry-leading bolt load accuracy to reduce nut loosening and joint failure. Specifically:
- HYTORC Washer systems and HYTORC hydraulic wrenches utilise the effectiveness of parallel joint closure, tightening bolts four or more at a time, spaced evenly around a flange for uniform pattern tightness. The hands-free torquing is precisely calibrated, even, simultaneous, preventing leaks.
- The LITHIUM SERIES II Electric Torque Tool is the next revolution in bolting technology. This lightweight 36 Volt battery powered tool, with capacity up to 6,779 Nm, is the ultimate solution for strength and portability.
- HYTORC Reaction Washer systems create a truer axial alignment in bolts, reducing side load and scatter.
- The HYTORC J-Washer, a Spotlight on New Technology™ Small Business Award-winner during the 2021 Offshore Technology Conference in August 2021, is ideal for use in applications with dynamic loads and high vibrations where bolt loosening is a concern. The J-Washer provides unmatched technology for anti-loosening, safety, and efficiency.
- The HYTORC Nut provides a uniform seal in critical sealing applications. The reusable fastener delivers accurate bolt loads with no side load.
- Whether you are tensioning flanges in a plant or installing blades on a wind turbine, HYTORC’s line of tensioners can be designed to meet any application.
- HYTORC also provides digitalization for managing and tracking bolting through its series of monitoring and data-reporting apps. The apps enable wireless data exchange between tool and PC or tablet using Bluetooth Wireless Technology®. Enter bolting parameters on the PC and transfer them to the tool to speed the setup of bolting operations. The app manages all detailed bolting results on the PC where the documentation can be organised, reviewed, and saved.
Through their HYTORC EMISSION LIMITATION PROGRAM (H.E.L.P), they have been providing environmental solutions that help prevent fugitive emission leaks that rob efficiency of the emission-reduction systems. Plants are assembled with up to 100,000 or more flanges, making the potential for leakage a major point of vulnerability.
With more than 50 years of experience, HYTORC is the ideal company to assemble joints with precise, safe, evenly tightened bolts plus the real-time monitoring and data reporting that helps ensure optimal performance. Greenhouse gases, such as methane, are a major concern in emission leak detection, repair, and reduction. HYTORC is helping to reduce those leaks in every region around the world. The company’s state-of-the-art techniques seal leaks more quickly with calibrated tools while preventing future leaks with improved flange alignment, bolt load control and uniform sealings.
Please contact HYTORC today to find out how it can optimise your bolting processes by scheduling a free consultation and demonstration.